Bacon and Brussels Sprout Hash
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, cut into thick slices
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, split down the middle
- 1/2 pound red pearl onions, peeled
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Set a large saute pan over medium heat and add a 2 count of olive oil. Cut bacon into long strips and add to pan together with thyme. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes to render the fat then strain and set aside. Discard half the fat in the pan then add Brussels sprouts, potatoes and pearl onions. Season with salt and pepper and cook until slightly browned. Add chicken stock and steam for 3 to 5 minutes until liquid has evaporated and vegetables are tender. Add balsamic vinegar and toss to coat. Cook until balsamic has reduced then fold in fresh parsley and bacon.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.