Baked Prosciutto and Brie with Apple Butter
- 1 loaf crusty French bread
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup apple butter
- 16 thin slices prosciutto, about 1/4 pound
- 2 pears or apples, thinly sliced
- 1 pound Brie, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Heat the oven to 450 degrees F. Cut 16 (1/2-inch thick) slices out of the loaf. Butter each side of the slices and put them onto a baking sheet. Spread 1 tablespoon of apple butter onto each slice. Top this with 1 slice of prosciutto and 3 or 4 slices of pear or apple. Cover this with the Brie slices, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Bake until the cheese is melted, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence