Celery Root and Potato Mash with Horseradish
- 2 celery roots (about 1 1/2 pounds each), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, for seasoning
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh or prepared horseradish
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Extra-virgin olive oil
Place the celery root and potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water; add a teaspoon of salt. Bring to boil over medium heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the celery root and potatoes are very tender. Drain the water from the vegetables and pass them through a food mill or a ricer into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the cream, butter, and horseradish until the cream is absorbed and the mixture is smooth. Season with kosher salt and pepper and garnish with chopped chives. Drizzle with a healthy dose of olive oil and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Potted Beef and Celery Root with Celery Gremolata, Sweet Potato Mash, Creamy Apple and Celery Root Soup with Grilled Cheddar, Bacon and Apple Honey Mustard Sandwich, Potato Salad Recipes, Central American, Baked Potato Recipes, Fries Recipes, Thanksgiving Side Dishes, Roasted Vegetable Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.