Cole Slaw with Pecans and Spicy Dressing
- 1 head napa or savoy cabbage, shredded
- 4 carrots, shredded
- 2 Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- Leaves from 1 bunch fresh mint, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine the cabbage, carrots, apples, onion, and pecans in a large bowl. Mix well with your hands and set aside.
In a small bowl, stir together the mustard, sugar, mayonnaise, ground chipotle, and lemon juice until blended. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss well to coat. Taste again for seasoning, then mound onto a platter and garnish with mint leaves.