- 1/2 cup turbinado (raw) sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (hot) sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 (5-ounce) filet mignon steaks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Season both sides of the filet mignon generously with salt and pepper. In a large heavy, ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Place the steaks in the hot pan and cook until well seared on 1 side, about 3 minutes. Turn the steaks over; there should be a nice crust on top. Then transfer the pan to the oven. Roast for 10 to 12 minutes until the steaks are cooked medium-rare (add 4 more minutes for medium). With 1 minute to go, brush steaks with the glaze.
When done remove the steaks and brush again with remaining glaze. Transfer to a platter and cover loosely to let rest for 5 minutes and keep warm.