- 2 big handfuls fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Pinch sugar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (6-ounce) block sushi-quality tuna
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, peeled, pitted, and sliced
In a mixing bowl, combine the cilantro, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir the ingredients together until well incorporated.
Place a skillet over medium-high heat and coat with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the tuna generously with salt and pepper. Lay the tuna in the hot oil and sear for 1 minute on each side to form a slight crust. Pour 1/2 of the cilantro mixture into the pan to coat the fish. Serve the seared tuna with the sliced avocado and the remaining cilantro sauce drizzled over the whole plate.