- 2 pints sunflower shoots (or 1/2 pound mixed baby greens)
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon creme fraiche
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Wash and dry the shoots and mint, place in a large bowl.
In a mason jar, combine the mustard, water, lemon juice, oil, creme fraiche, sugar, salt, and pepper. Put the cap on and shake vigorously to emulsify. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the greens and toss well to coat. Serve immediately. Store any remaining vinaigrette in the jar in the refrigerator.