- 1 head Napa or Savoy cabbage, shredded
- 4 carrots, shredded
- 2 Granny Smith apples, sliced thin
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves only, for garnish
- Orange-chili dressing:
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl add the cabbage, carrots, apples, onions, and pecans. Mix well and set aside.
In a small bowl combine the mustard and water. Whisk in the olive oil; add the sugar, cayenne, cumin, orange juice, and creme fraiche and blend well. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss well to coat. Mound onto a platter and garnish with mint leaves.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Texas Hold-Ums Mini Chipotle Beef Burgers with Warm Fire Roasted Garlic Ketchup, Coleslaw with Creamy Cumin Vinaigrette, Texas Tomato Toast with Roasted Garlic Spread and Homemade Ricotta, Apple Crisp Recipes, Spanish Rice Recipes, Roasted Vegetable Recipes, Easy Shrimp, Carrot Salad Recipes, Easy Casserole
Thank you! your flag was submitted.