Wild Mushroom Tartlets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound wild mushrooms (cremini, portobello, shiitake, morel, oyster), coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup truffle or olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 60 phyllo-pastry tartlet shells, packaged
- Garnish: sliced mushroom, chopped chives
In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add the shallot and garlic, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add the chopped mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Transfer the mushroom mixture to a food processor and add the goat cheese. Add the oil and parsley. Pulse until the mixture comes together. Season with salt and pepper and pulse again.
Spoon mushroom filling into tartlet shells and place on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Garnish with sliced mushroom and chopped chive before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse