Warm Crab Dip
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature, for the dish
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 poundlump crabmeat, picked over for cartilage
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Crackers, for serving
- 1 jalapeno, cored, 1/2 chopped and 1/2 sliced, for serving
- Hot sauce, for serving
Position an oven rack 4 inches below the broiler element and heat the broiler. Butter a medium gratin dish.
Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the tarragon and wine and stir until smooth. Using a large spatula, fold in the crabmeat, taking care not to break the lumps. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
Transfer to the prepared dish and top with the breadcrumbs. Broil until golden brown, about 5 minutes, depending on the strength of your broiler.
Serve warm on crackers topped with both chopped and sliced jalapenos and hot sauce on the side.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.