Winning Cupcake The King of Cupcakes (Elvis)
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 extra-large whole eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup buttermilk, shaken
- 1 large, overripe banana, mashed
- Peanut Butter Frosting, recipe follows
- Chocolate Coating, recipe follows
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
- Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 8 tablespoons unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar, well sifted
- 2 to 4 tablespoons cream, as needed
- Chocolate Coating:
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line mini cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and yolks, 1 at a time, and then stir in the vanilla and banana extracts. Stir in the vegetable oil. Beat in the flour mixture, alternating with the buttermilk. Fold in the mashed banana.
Fill the cupcake liners about three-quarters full. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean, 8 to10 minutes. Cool completely, and then frost with Peanut Butter Frosting and dip in Chocolate Coating and enjoy!Peanut Butter Frosting: Chocolate Coating:
Melt together the chocolate chips and vegetable oil in the microwave until completely melted.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.