- 1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon Garlic-Ginger Paste, recipe follows
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 (10-ounce) bags broccoli slaw
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (optional, can substitute pomegranate seeds)
- 1/2 cup skinless sliced almonds, toasted
In a large bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients except the broccoli slaw, cranberries, and almonds. Taste for seasoning and adjust according to your palate.
Add the slaw, cranberries, and almonds and gently toss. Chill before serving.
Throw the garlic, ginger, and canola oil in a mini-food processor and let it go until it forms a semi-smooth paste. There will still be tiny little pieces in there, but overall, it should resemble a paste.
Save what you don't use in a small glass jar; it should last in the fridge for 2 to 3 weeks. It's a delicious addition to marinades, pasta sauces, stir-fry sauces, slow-cooker recipes, gravy etc. We always had a jar of this stuff in our fridge growing up.