- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped (or 2 teaspoons hot sauce)
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast or thigh meat, cut lengthwise into 1-inch wide strips
- 36 to 40 (6-inch) wooden skewers
Combine everything except chicken and skewers in a large nonreactive bowl and whisk to combine. Add chicken strips and toss to coat. Cover and marinate at least 45 minutes and up to 4 hours.
When ready to cook, heat oven to 425 degrees F and arrange a rack in the middle. Remove chicken from marinade (reserving marinade) and thread 1 piece of chicken on each skewer.
Heat the reserved marinade to boiling and boil for 3 minutes. Cool a bit before using.
Arrange skewers on a foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes, flip skewers and baste with remaining marinade (you don't need to use it all). Bake about 5 more minutes, until golden brown on both sides.