Bacon Vinaigrette with Grilled Radicchio
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 heads radicchio, quartered
In a small non- reactive bowl combine all ingredients except radicchio. Whisk until emulsion is formed and reserve at room temperature.
Place quartered radicchio onto a hot grill or grill pan. Cook on each side for approximately 2 minutes per side. You are looking to achieve slightly wilted edges.
Remove from the grill and place onto a plate. Cover with a stainless steel bowl and allow steam to continue cooking radicchio for 5 minutes.
Drizzle vinaigrette over radicchio wedges and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri