- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 cups flavored croutons
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound flank steak, pounded to 1/4-inch thick
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil, for searing
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the tomato sauce in a 9 by 13-inch baking dish and place in the oven to heat.
In a the bowl of a food processor mix the croutons, cheese, eggs, herbs and garlic until it forms a paste.
In a large saute pan heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and sear all sides of the rolled meat. Remove from the pan.
Add to the hot tomato sauce, cover with a tin foil tent so that the foil is not touching the meat. Braise for 35 minutes or, up to 3 hours.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay