- 1/2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 fluid ounces plain yogurt
- 2 fluid ounces mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Kosher salt, as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Generously salt the cabbage and drain in colander for 3 hours. Rinse thoroughly and dry.
In a separate bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the cabbage and carrot. Whisk to combine evenly. Toss the cabbage and carrot with the dressing.
Yield: Preparation time: 3 hours and 30 minutes Easy of preparation: easy
Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown