- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup packed fresh oregano
- 1/2 orange, zested
- 1 whole dried arbol chile
- 1 teaspoon whole black pepper corns
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
In a 1-quart mason jar, place all of the herbs, zest, chile and peppercorns. Pour both oils into a saucepan and heat to 200 degrees F. Pour the hot oils into the jar and cover with a kitchen towel. Let stand overnight.
Place cheesecloth over the top of the jar and replace the outer rim of the lid. Invert and strain oil into desired container.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.