Home of the Braise
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and cubed
- 1 pint unfiltered apple juice
- 1/4 -teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 head of red cabbage, shredded
Heat the canola oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the apple to the pan and cook until lightly browned. Increase the heat to high and add the apple juice, caraway seeds, salt, pepper and cabbage to the pan. Cover the pan and shake to toss the cabbage to coat.
Reduce the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown