It's a Wonderful Waldorf
- 2 Ginger Gold apples (Fuji will substitute)
- 1 Red Delicious apple
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup toasted walnuts, crushed
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 stalks celery, thin bias cut
- 1/3 cup fresh mint, chiffonade
- 1/2 red onion, julienned
- 1 head romaine lettuce, heart only
Cut apples in half and remove the core with a melon baller. Chop apples into medium-sized pieces, leaving skin on.
In a bowl, toss apples with the cider vinegar. Fold in mayonnaise thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Fold in walnuts, raisins, curry powder, celery, mint and red onion. Adjust seasoning. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to incorporate. To serve, arrange 2 leaves of romaine lettuce per plate and spoon salad on top.