Zucchini Ribbon Salad
- 2 pounds zucchini, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frisee torn into pieces
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup chopped, toasted almonds
- 1/3 cup chiffonade fresh basil leaves
- 1 -ounce Manchego cheese, shaved
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Shave the zucchini into long wide ribbons using a vegetable peeler or mandoline, turning the squash, if necessary, to ease shaving. Discard the seedy core. Put the zucchini into a colander set inside a bowl, sprinkle with salt, toss and drain for 30 minutes. Discard the liquid.
Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, and pepper in a serving bowl. Add the zucchini, onion, frisee, and radishes. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with almonds, basil, and Manchego cheese and serve. Can be stored, covered, in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown, 2010
Recipe courtesy of Aarti Sequeira