Grilled Steak with Rosemary and Garlic
- 3 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and finely chopped
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Extra-virgin olive oil, plus high quality finishing oil, for garnish
- 2 (20-ounce) porterhouse steaks or other large steaks with a bone
- Kosher salt, plus coarse sea salt, for garnish
In a small bowl, combine the rosemary leaves, garlic, crushed red pepper and enough olive oil to make a loose paste. Slather the steaks with the mixture and sprinkle them generously with salt. Let the steaks hang out outside the fridge to come to room temperature.
Preheat the grill to medium-high. Use a wire grill brush to loosen any crud and soot. Wipe the grill down with an oiled side towel to pick up any bits of loosened crud.
Put the steaks on a hot spot on the grill to get a great sear and really create BROWN FOOD! Once both sides of the steak are really nice and brown, move the steak to a cooler part of the grill to allow the steaks to cook to desired temperature. About 5 to 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
Remove the steaks from the grill and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.