40. Bacon-Lettuce Wraps Cook8 chopped bacon slices until crisp; remove, leaving the drippings in the pan. Add 8 ounces chopped shiitake mushroom caps; cook 2 minutes. Add 1 cup chopped water chestnuts and 1/2 cup chopped carrots; cook 5 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup hoisin sauce and the bacon. Serve in Bibb lettuce leaves.
41. Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus Wrap bundles of 4 trimmed asparagus spears with bacon. Roast at 375 degrees F, 30 minutes.
42. Bacon-Zucchini Fritters Mix 1 each grated zucchini and carrot, 3 chopped cooked bacon slices, 2 chopped scallions, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons flour and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Form into small patties; cook in a hot oiled skillet, 3 minutes per side.
43. Bacon-Squash Tartlets Mix 1 1/2 cups thawed frozen butternut squash puree, 1/2 cup mascarpone and 2 tablespoons each maple syrup and minced chives; season with salt and pepper. Divide among 36 mini phyllo shells. Top with chopped cooked bacon; bake at 350 degrees F, 5 minutes.
44. Bacon-Kale Chips Cook 3 chopped bacon slices until crisp; remove. Toss the drippings with 1 bunch torn kale. Roast at 400 degrees F, 10 minutes. Toss with the bacon.
45. Bacon-Beef Empanadas Brown 8 ounces ground beef with 10 chopped bacon slices and 1 chopped onion, 8 minutes. Add 3 tablespoons tomato paste; cook, stirring, 3 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup raisins. Spoon into the center of 10 empanada wrappers; fold in half and crimp the edges with a fork. Bake at 400 degree F, 20 minutes.
46. Bacon Cheese Balls Mix 8 ounces cream cheese, 1 cup shredded cheddar, 8 chopped cooked bacon slices, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard and the zest and juice of 1/2 lemon. Form into balls; chill. Roll in chopped chives and more bacon.
47. Bacon-Cheese Endive Make the Bacon Cheese Balls mixture (No. 46). Spread on endive leaves; top with bacon and chives.
48. Bacon Guacamole Mash 4 avocados, 8 chopped cooked bacon slices, 1/4 cup each chopped red onion and pickled jalapeños, a splash of the jalapeño brine and the juice of 1 lime. Season with salt.
49. Bacon Soup Shooters Cook 4 halved bacon slices until crisp; remove, leaving the drippings in the pan. Melt 2 tablespoons butter with the drippings. Add 1 chopped leek and 1 chopped peeled russet potato. Cook 5 minutes. Add 2 cups chicken broth and 1 cup cream. Simmer 15 minutes; puree. Serve in shot glasses with dill and the bacon.
50. Bacon-Cheese Croquettes Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a saucepan. Whisk in 1/3 cup flour until smooth, then 1 1/2 cups whole milk. Cook, whisking, 5 minutes. Add 8 chopped cooked bacon slices, 1/2 cup grated Manchego, 1 chopped scallion and a pinch each of salt and nutmeg; chill. Form into 2-inch logs. Roll in flour, dredge in beaten eggs, then roll in panko breadcrumbs. Fry in 360 degrees F vegetable oil, 3 minutes.