11. Chipotle: Make Classic Slaw (No. 1), whisking 2 tablespoons puréed chipotles in adobo into the dressing; omit the carrots. Toss in 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and 1 cup each thinly sliced red bell pepper, jicama and scallions.
12. Crispy: Toss 1/2 head shredded green cabbage with 1 tablespoon kosher salt in a colander; let sit 4 hours, then rinse and dry well. Make the dressing for Classic Slaw (No. 1); toss with the cabbage.
13. Carrot-Pineapple: Whisk 1/2 cup each mayonnaise and sour cream, 2 tablespoons each lemon juice and sugar, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Add 12 shredded carrots, 1 cup each raisins and diced pineapple and 1/4 cup chopped chives.
14. Kale: Whisk 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/3 cup olive oil. Add 5 cups each shredded green cabbage and Tuscan kale, 2 shredded carrots and 1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds.
15. Light: Whisk 1/2 cup each low-fat mayonnaise and Greek yogurt, 3 tablespoons each cider vinegar and milk, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon sugar, and salt to taste. Toss with 1/2 head shredded green cabbage, 1 shredded carrot and 1/4 cup chopped dill.
16. Broccoli-Ranch: Whisk 1/2 cup buttermilk, 1/4 cup each mayonnaise and sour cream, 3 tablespoons cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Toss with two 12-ounce bags broccoli slaw and 1/4 cup each chopped parsley, chives and dill.
17. Thai: Purée 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/3 cup rice vinegar, the juice of 2 limes and 1 tablespoon each grated ginger and soy sauce. Toss with 1/4 head shredded napa cabbage, 8 shredded carrots and 1/2 cup each chopped cilantro, scallions and peanuts.
18. Pepper: Soak 1 thinly sliced red onion in cold water, 15 minutes; drain. Whisk 2 tablespoons cider vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme and 1/4 cup olive oil. Toss with 1 thinly sliced poblano, 4 sliced assorted bell peppers, the onion, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and pepper to taste.
19. Hot-Dressed: Pulse 1/2 head roughly chopped green cabbage and 3 carrots in a food processor until finely chopped. Boil 1/4 cup cider vinegar, 2/3 cup vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 teaspoons kosher salt and 1 teaspoon each mustard powder and celery seed, 1 minute. Pour the dressing over the vegetables.
20. Apple-Fennel: Toss 1/2 head shredded Savoy cabbage with 1 tablespoon kosher salt in a colander; let sit 1 hour, then rinse and dry well. Toss with 1/4 cup each vegetable oil, walnut oil and cider vinegar, 2 1/2 teaspoons sugar and 1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard. Add 1 each thinly sliced fennel bulb and apple, and 3/4 cup chopped walnuts.