Autumn Fruit and Frisee Salad with Panettone Croutons
- 1 cup diced Panettone (1/2-inch dice)
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons diced dried apricots (1/4-inch dice)
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large pear, peeled, cored and cut into slivers about 1/4-inch by 1 1/2-inches
- 1/4 large fennel bulb, about 3-ounces cut into slivers the same size as the pear
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups roughly torn frisee or curly endive
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Scatter the panettone cubes on a baking sheet and bake, tossing occasionally, until crisp and brown, about 1 hour. Be careful that they do not burn. Set aside. Put the cherries, apricots, and raisins in a medium bowl. Measure the honey and vinegar into a small pan or microwave safe bowl. Heat together just until warm. Whisk in 4 tablespoons olive oil and taste for balance. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, if necessary. Pour over the dried fruits. Add the pear, fennel, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour the fruits and dressing over the greens in a salad bowl and toss well. Add the croutons and toss again. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.