Lighter Southern Deviled Eggs
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped pickles, such as Rick's Picks Low Sodium Classic Sours
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon paprika spice blend, such as Paula Deen's
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika brine from pickled okra, optional, such as Rick's Picks Smokra
- 3 tablespoons sliced pickled okra, for garnish, such as Rick's Picks Smokra
Place the eggs in a single layer in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover; bring to a boil over high heat. Immediately remove from the heat. Cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain, and then run under cold running water.
Peel the eggs and halve lengthwise. Remove the yolks and add to a bowl. Add the yogurt, pickles, mayonnaise, mustard, cayenne, paprika spice blend and brine, and mix thoroughly.
Spoon the mixture into the egg white halves. Place the eggs on a plate, garnish with the pickled okra, cover loosely with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Deen
Recipe courtesy of Damaris Phillips