- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 spinach flat breads
- 4 slices smoked mozzarella
- 2 cups spinach leaves
Place basil, oil, garlic and vinegar in a blender and blend until smooth. Place chicken in a shallow baking dish, add the marinade and turn to coat. Marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator. Preheat grill. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium eggplants, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup green olives, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
Using side burners of grill. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add the onions and cook until soft. Add eggplant, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook until golden brown. Add celery, tomatoes, olives, capers, pine nuts and raisins and cook for 15 minutes. Stir in vinegar and sugar and cook for 10 minutes longer, season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley. Serve at room temperature.
Place 1 sliced chicken breast in the middle of each flat bread. Top with mozzarella, caponata and spinach leaves, roll and serve.