This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
- 4 boneless duck breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground sage
- Wild Rice Stuffing, recipe follows
- Cumberland Sauce, recipe follows
Rub duck breasts with salt, pepper, and ground sage. Grill on each side for 6 to 7 minutes. Serve sliced over Wild Rice Stuffing. Serve with Cumberland Sauce on the side.
Wild Rice Stuffing:
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 onion, dice small
- 1 cup thickly sliced mushrooms
- 3 stalks celery (remove leaves), cut into small dice
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
Boil rice in stock until cooked but not too mushy. Drain. In a separate pan, saute vegetables in butter. Combine rice, Sauteed vegetables, grapes, sherry, and seasoning.
- 2 lemons, slivered rind and juice
- 2 oranges, slivered rind and juice
- 2 (8-ounce) jars red currant jelly
- 1 cup port
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water, to thicken
Scald rinds and their juice in boiling water for 1 minute. Set aside.
Heat jelly, port, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper in a pot, stirring until bubbling.
Add the scalded juice and rind to the sauce. Add the cornstarch mixture and let boil and thicken.