- 1 pound mixed beans, such as yellow wax, haricots verts, trimmed
- 1 red onion, sliced paper thin
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil and salt it well. Prepare an ice water bath. Add just enough beans to the water to maintain a boil. Blanch for 1 minute and add to ice bath. Do this in batches until you are done with all the beans. Drain the beans well and put in a serving dish.
Combine onion, mint, champagne vinegar, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and pour over the beans and toss again and serve.