Coffee Rubbed Rib-Eye
- Coffee Rub:
- 1/4 cup ancho chili powder
- 1/4 cup finely ground espresso
- 2 tablespoons Spanish paprika
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons chili de arbol powder
- 2 bone-in or boneless rib-eye steaks, 2-inches thick, approximately 1 1/2 pounds each
- Canola or olive oil
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
Combine all spices in a bowl.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Preheat a cast iron pan over high heat. Brush each side of the steak with oil and then season each side liberally with salt and pepper. Rub 2 tablespoons of the coffee rub onto 1 side of each steak. Cook the steak, rub side down until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the steak over, cook for 2 minutes and then transfer to a baking sheet and cook in the oven to medium-rare doneness, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay