- 4 ripe heirloom tomatoes (different varieties and colors) or beefsteak tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh buffalo mozzarella, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Green Chile-Cilantro Oil, recipe follows
- Chipotle Vinegar, recipe follows
Place a tomato slice on each of 4 plates. Season with salt and pepper. Top with a slice of cheese and repeat to make 3 layers, like a Napoleon with 3 tomato slices and 2 slices of cheese. Drizzle with the Green Chile-Cilantro Oil and Chipotle Vinegar and serve.
Green Chile-Cilantro Oil:
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 poblano chile, grilled, peeled, stemmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend for 5 minutes.
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chipotle pepper puree
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.