- 1/3 cup salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons crushed white peppercorns
- 3 to 4 pounds salmon fillet, preferably the middle cut, skin on
- Lots of fresh dill
- Hovmastarsas, sweet dill and mustard sauce, recipe follows
- Hovmastarsas Sweet Dill and Mustard Sauce:
- 6 tablespoons Swedish style mustard (or 3 tablespoons American mustard and 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup pure vegetable oil
- Salt and white pepper
- Plenty of chopped dill
Mix salt, sugar and pepper. Rub the fish with the mixture. Add dill. Wrap in foil and put in a dish. Refrigerate for 36 to 48 hours, with a light weight on top of the fish. Turn the salmon several times.
Before serving, scrape off the dill and seasoning and cut into thin slices on the diagonal.
Serve with Hovmastarsas, sweet dill and mustard sauce.Hovmastarsas Sweet Dill and Mustard Sauce:
Whisk together mustard, sugar and vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the oil in a thin stream, stirring constantly. Add the chopped dill. Store in refrigerator
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.