- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and finely chopped to a paste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 cups red and yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 green onions (green and pale green part), thinly sliced
- 2 pickled cherry peppers, diced
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into small dice
- Feta, for sprinkling
Whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, garlic and some salt and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified. Let sit at room temperature while you prepare the salad to allow the flavors to meld.
Rinse the quinoa in a strainer until the water runs clear. Combine the quinoa, 2 cups water, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small saucepan, bring to a boil and cook until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
Transfer to a bowl, fluff with a fork and let sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Add the tomatoes, olives, green onions, cherry peppers, red onions, cucumbers and dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours before serving. The longer it sits the better the flavor.
Just before serving, transfer to a platter and sprinkle feta on top.