- 2 poblano peppers, stemmed, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 7 small tomatillos, husked and scrubbed (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon honey
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the poblanos, tomatillos, jalapeno, onion, garlic and canola oil on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Roast, turning once, until the vegetables are golden brown and soft, about 20 minutes.
Let the vegetables cool slightly, then peel the garlic. Transfer the vegetables to a food processor, add the cilantro and process until smooth (add water to adjust the consistency, if necessary). Add the honey and more salt and pepper, if needed.