- 12 spears asparagus, trimmed
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups quinoa
- 8 ounces aged goat cheese, shaved
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 nicoise olives
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced
- Parsley sprigs for garnish
Heat grill. Brush asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill on both sides until just cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and cut in half.
Bring 8 cups of salted water to a boil. Add quinoa and cook until soft. Drain and rinse with cold water and drain again. Place the quinoa in a medium bowl and add red wine vinegar, olive oil, parsley and 1/4 cup of olive vinaigrette. Stir to combine. Place on plate and top with goat cheese, asparagus, whole nicoise olives, sliced tomato and parsley sprigs.
Black Olive Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup aged sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chile de arbol
- 1/2 cup pitted nicoise olives
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Combine vinegar, mustard, chile powder, olives and olive oil in a blender and blend until smooth.