- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- Canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Zest of 1 lime
Prepare a charcoal grill for direct grilling, high heat.
Toss the tomatoes with oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a grill basket and grill until charred and slightly soft, tossing occasionally, about 5 minutes
Combine the vinegar, sugar, coriander and cumin seeds in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until thickened to a glaze, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly, then pour over the tomatoes. Toss, mashing the tomatoes slightly. Add the herbs and the zest, toss again, taste and season.