Grilled Corn Skewers with Chipotle- Cilantro Butter
- 6 ears fresh corn, silks removed, husks left on, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 to 4 chipotle chiles in adobo, pureed, 2 tablespoons total
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Honey, to taste
- Special equipment: 6-inch wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
Heat grill over high heat.
Place the corn on the grill, close the cover and grill for 15 to 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes, or until kernels are tender. Remove from the grill, let cool slightly, remove husks and cut into 1-inch rounds.
Skewer the corn onto 1 skewer (so the corn lays flat), and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side until slightly charred. Remove and immediately brush with the butter and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray