Grilled Hearts of Palm and Crab Salad with Mango
- 2 (14-ounce) cans hearts of palm, drained
- Canola oil, or olive oil
- Salt and pepper, plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons habanero hot sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2 to 3 cups mesclun, washed and dried
Heat grill to high. Drizzle hearts of palm with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 30 seconds to 1 minute per side until slightly charred and just warmed through. Remove from heat.
Whisk together coconut milk, hot sauce, lime juice, honey, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, cilantro, and red onion in a medium bowl. Add the crabmeat, mango, grilled hearts of palm, and mesclun, and toss until well dressed. Mound onto a serving plate and drizzle with more hot sauce, if desired. Sprinkle with torn cilantro leaves and serve.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay