Grilled Hot and Sweet Sausage Tacos with Apricot-Jalapeno Glaze, Grilled Pepper and Red Onion Salsa
- Grilled Pepper and Red Onion Salsa:
- 1 grilled poblano pepper, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1 grilled red bell pepper, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds, grilled and finely diced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup honey
- Pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sausage Tacos;
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 jalapenos, grilled
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 Italian hot sausage links
- 3 Italian sweet sausage links
- Canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Flour tortillas
- Corn tortillas
- Grated Monterey Jack cheese
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Combine the preserves, jalapeno and lime juice in a food processor and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Heat a grill to high. Brush the links with oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill until lightly golden brown. Cut the sausage in half lengthwise and brush the apricot glaze mixture on both sides. Grill until dark golden brown, then remove to a cutting board and slice.
Grill the tortillas quickly on each side just to heat through, about 5 seconds per side. Fill with some of the hot and sweet sausage and top with some of the cheese and some of the salsa.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Sweet and Hot Sausage with Grilled Onion Marmalade and Red Peppers, Grilled Spicy Sausages with Onion Marmalade, Grilled Lamb Sausage with Goat Cheese, Heirloom Tomatoes, Olives and Herbs, Easy Snack, Easy Main Dish, Easy Slow Cooking, Easy Pasta, Easy Shrimp, Easy Barbecuing
Thank you! your flag was submitted.