Grilled Squid and Sweet Onion Salad with Roasted Tomatoes and Green Chile Vinaigrette
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 5 whole squid, skinned and cleaned
- 2 sweet onions, (Walla Walla etc.), peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound arugula
- 1/2 pound frisee
- Green Chile Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- 6 fresh mint leaves, cut into chiffonade
- GREEN CHILE VINAIGRETTE:
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 4 cloves garlic, roasted
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Rub tomatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place cut-side up on a baking sheet. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, or until soft, then seed and dice.
Preheat grill or grill pan. Brush squid and onions with remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill squid on each side for 2 to 3 minutes. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Grill onions on both sides until just tender, then chop coarsely.
Combine squid, arugula, frisee and onions in a large serving bowl. Toss with vinaigrette and top with roasted tomatoes and mint.GREEN CHILE VINAIGRETTE:
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Corn and Tomato-Sweet Onion Salad with Fresh Basil Dressing and Crumbled Blue Cheese, Caramelized Onion Sweet Potato Salad, Warm Octopus and Sweet Onion Salad with Fresh Basil and Lemon Vinaigrette, Salad Dressing, Tuna Salad Recipes, Carrot Salad Recipes, Mushroom Salad Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Salmon Salad Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.