Grilled Yukon Gold Steak Fries with Chile-Cheese Sauce
- Grilled Yukon Gold Steak Fries:
- 6 large Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, for seasoning
- Fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- Chile-Cheese Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk, heated
- 10 ounces grated white Cheddar
- 3 jalapeno chiles, grilled, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- Pinch chile de arbol
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsGrilled Yukon Gold Steak Fries:
Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring the water to a boil, over medium heat, then reduce heat to a simmer and add 2 tablespoons of salt. Cook until potatoes are tender, but still firm, about 10 minutes. Drain, let cool and cut each potato lengthwise into 8 slices.
Heat grill to medium-high. Brush the potatoes with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer the potatoes to a platter and drizzle with the sauce, garnish with fresh cilantro or serve sauce, on the side, as a dip.Chile-Cheese Sauce:
Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the milk and cook until thickened, about 3 minutes. Whisk in the cheese a little at a time until smooth.
Add the jalapenos, chile de arbol and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Yukon Gold Potato and Andouille Salad, Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Pistachio Pesto Butter, The Last 'Stagon (Grilled Flank Steak) with Ying Yang Vegetables, Grilled Salmon Recipes, Sauerkraut Recipes, Potato Soup Recipes, Grilled Pork Chop Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Applesauce Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.