Mango-Black Pepper Glazed Grilled Pork Chops with Mango-Black Bean-Green Onion Salsa and Yucca Fries
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 large mango, peeled and pureed
- 4 pork chops, about 5 ounces each
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- MANGO-BLACK BEAN-GREEN ONION SALSA:
- 2 mangoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cooked black beans, or canned beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon serrano pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- YUCCA STEAK FRIES:
- 1 1/2 pounds yucca, peeled and cut into 3-inch sections
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1 1/2 quarts peanut oil
Place vinegar, sugar and peppercorns in saucepan and reduce until thickened. Whisk in mango puree and cook 1 minute. Strain into bowl. Preheat grill. Brush pork chops with olive oil on both sides and season with salt. Grill for 5 minutes on each side for medium doneness. Remove and brush liberally with the glaze.
For the Mango Salsa: Combine all ingredients in medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Let sit for 30 minutes before serving.
For the Yucca Steak Fries: Place yucca in pot filled with 1 quart water and 2 tablespoons of salt. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until soft through the center. Remove from heat with slotted spoon to bowl of ice water. Drain on paper towels. Cut yucca into fries, 3 inches long by 3/4 inches wide. Place cornmeal in medium bowl and add 1 tablespoon salt and ancho chile powder. Roll fries in cornmeal mixture. Preheat oil to 370 degrees F. Fry yucca in batches until golden brown. Drain on plate lined with paper towels and salt immediately.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Marinated and Grilled Pork Chops with Mixed Herb Chimichurri, Grilled Pork Chops with Peach Salsa, Grilled Pork Chops with Peck Seasoning and Charred Peppers, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Grilled Pork Chop Recipes, Tortilla Soup Recipes, Mexican Rice Recipes, Healthy Mexican, Grilling Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.