Mixed Tomato Salsa Crostini
- 1 baguette, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 red pear tomatoes, halved
- 8 yellow pear tomatoes, halved
- 6 red cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 yellow cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Green tomatoes, diced (or get some of the small heirloom tomatoes also)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh Mexican oregano, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup queso fresco
Preheat a broiler, oven or grill to medium-high heat.
Toast the bread until lightly golden brown on both sides-the bread should be crisp but still tender on the inside, not brittle. Remove and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt.
Combine the tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, honey and oregano in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Gently toss in the queso fresco. Let the relish sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes before serving. Top the bread with the relish and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.