- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Pinch cayenne powder
- 4 (6-ounce) fish fillets or boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Canola oil
Preheat the grill to medium-high.
Combine all the spices in a small bowl. Brush both sides of fish fillets or chicken breasts with oil. Rub 1 side of the fish fillets or chicken breasts with the rub and grill, rub side down, until golden brown and a crust has formed, about 4 minutes. Flip over and continue cooking for 3 to 5 minutes.
Click here for Bobby's Buttermilk Southwestern Grilled Chicken.