Peach and Tomato Salad with Sweet Southern Dressing, Pecans and Farmer's Cheese
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint small heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 4 peaches, sliced into wedges
- 4 assorted large heirloom tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch watercress, woody stems removed
- 8 ounces farmer's cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
Put the oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, celery salt and salt and pepper to taste in a mason jar and shake well to combine.
Put the small tomatoes, peaches, large tomatoes, red onions and watercress in a bowl and toss together. Drizzle the vinaigrette down the side of the bowl and gently fold together to combine. Add the cheese and pecans and toss again.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.