Pork, Potato and Goat Cheese Skewers with Smoked Paprika
- Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette
- 3 cups fresh orange juice, not from concentrate
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- For the Potato Skewers:
- 6 small Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed, skin left on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 pound fresh goat cheese, cut into 16 pieces
- 16 (6-inch) skewers
- Smoked paprika
- Finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- For the vinaigrette:
DirectionsFor the vinaigrette:
Place the orange juice in a small saucepan and cook over high heat until thickened and reduced to 3 tablespoons. Transfer the reduced juice to a blender, add the honey, vinegar, mustard, zest, paprika, salt and pepper and blend until combined. With the motor running, slowly add the oil and blend until emulsified.For the skewers:
Cover potatoes with cold water in a medium saucepan and add 1 tablespoon of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until a small knife inserted into the potato comes out without any resistance. Drain and let cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, slice each potato in half lengthwise then slice each half into 1/4-inch thick slices
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat the oil in a large saute pan over high heat until it begins to shimmer. Season pork on both sides with salt and pepper, place into the pan and cook until golden brown and a crust has formed, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the tenderloin over and transfer the pan to the oven and continue cooking until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the tenderloin registers 150 degrees F. Remove from the oven and let rest 5 minutes before slicing. Slice the tenderloin half lengthwise then slice each half crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices.
Place 1 slice of pork onto a large platter, top with a potato, then a piece of the goat cheese then another slice of pork, then stick a skewer through. Drizzle with some of the Smoked Paprika vinaigrette. Sprinkle each with a little more of the smoked paprika and some of the chopped parsley.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.