- 8 rib-eye steaks 8 to 10 ounces each
- Chimichurri marinade, recipe follows
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Dried Chile-Mustard, recipe follows
Place the steaks in a large shallow baking dish or pan, cover with the marinade and turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered for 1 to 4 hours. Preheat grill to high. Remove steaks from the marinade, shaking off any excess, and season with salt and pepper, discard remaining marinade). Grill until golden brown on one side, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn over and continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes for medium rare.
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 2 jalapeno peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped oregano leaves
- 3/4 cup olive oil
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
Dried Chile-Mustard Sauce:
- 2 cups Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 3 tablespoons warm water
Place all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.