Roasted Pork Tenderloin filled with Sun-Dried Cranberry Stuffing
- Cranberry Stuffing:
- 1 1/2 cups sun-dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cascabel powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 (1 1/2 to 2 pound) pork tenderloin, butterflied
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Sauce, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finley diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoons chipotle puree
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the cranberries, remove from the heat and let rest 1 hour, drain, reserving the soaking liquid and place in the bowl of a food processor. Add the pine nuts, cinnamon, cloves, brown sugar, cascabel powder, and a few tablespoons of the soaking liquid. Pulse until coarsely chopped, remove to a bowl and stir in the cilantro.
Place the tenderloin on a work surface and season on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Spread a thin layer of the stuffing down the center, fold each side over the filling, and tie with a butcher's twine and dredge lightly in the flour.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat the oil in a oven proof saute pan until smoking. Saute the tenderloin on all sides until golden brown. Place in the oven and roast until almost cooked through about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove and let rest 10 minutes. Slice into 1 inch pieces.Sauce:
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, carrot and celery and cook until soft, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the stock, juice concentrate, chipotle puree and peppercorns, increase the heat to high and cook the sauce until reduced to 2 cups, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Strain the sauce into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Whisk in the butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Sage Cornbread Crust, Pan Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Spaetzle and Apple Cilantro Salsa, Pork Tenderloin with Chipotle-Maple Mop, Baked Ham Recipes, Carrot Salad Recipes, Latin American, Pork Tenderloin Recipes, Fried Chicken Recipes, Pork Shoulder Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.