Spanish Spice Rubbed Rib-eye with Sherry Vinegar Steak Sauce
- Sherry Vinegar Steak Sauce:
- 1 cup aged sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup pureed piquillo pepper *see Cook's note
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, drained
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Spanish paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, ground
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds, ground
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, ground
- 2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 (16-ounce) boneless rib-eye
- Canola oil
- *Cook's Note: Piquillo peppers are available in jars or cans at specialty stores. To puree, simply drain and puree in a blender.
DirectionsSherry Vinegar Steak Sauce:
Whisk together and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat grill to high.
Combine spices in a bowl. Season the steaks on both sides with more salt and pepper. Rub 1 side of each steak with the rub and drizzle with oil. Place on the grill rub side down and grill until slightly charred and a crust has formed, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the steak over and continue grilling to medium-rare doneness. Remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes. Serve with steak sauce on the side.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay