Spanish Spice Rubbed Rib-eye with Sherry Vinegar Steak Sauce
- Sherry Vinegar Steak Sauce:
- 1 cup aged sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup pureed piquillo pepper *see Cook's note
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, drained
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Spanish paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, ground
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds, ground
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, ground
- 2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 (16-ounce) boneless rib-eye
- Canola oil
- *Cook's Note: Piquillo peppers are available in jars or cans at specialty stores. To puree, simply drain and puree in a blender.
DirectionsSherry Vinegar Steak Sauce:
Whisk together and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat grill to high.
Combine spices in a bowl. Season the steaks on both sides with more salt and pepper. Rub 1 side of each steak with the rub and drizzle with oil. Place on the grill rub side down and grill until slightly charred and a crust has formed, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the steak over and continue grilling to medium-rare doneness. Remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes. Serve with steak sauce on the side.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Spanish Spice Rubbed Rib-Eye with Sherry Vinegar Steak Sauce, Spanish Spice Rubbed Chicken Breasts with Parsley-Mint Sauce, Spice Double Rubbed Rib Eye Steak Served with Ruedas de Fuego, Roasted Turkey Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Flank Steak Recipes, Pork Tenderloin Recipes, Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipes