Meyer Lemon Caesar Dressing:
- 1/4 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice (or 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice combined with 1 tablespoon orange juice)
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for shaving
- 1-pound baby spinach, washed and dried
- Flatbread Croutons, recipe follows
Place lemon juice, garlic, mustard, mayonnaise, anchovies, red wine vinegar, salt, and a good amount of freshly ground black pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the oil and blend until emulsified. Add the grated cheese and blend for a few seconds to incorporate.
Place spinach in a large bowl, add dressing, and toss to coat each leaf. Add Flatbread Croutons and toss again. Top with shaved Parmesan and serve immediately.
- 1 recipe flatbread, recipe follows
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (105 to 110 degrees F)
- 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil, plus more for bowl
Mix water and yeast in a large bowl and let stand 5 minutes to proof. Gradually pour in 2 cups of the flour and stir to incorporate. Mix for about 1 minute to form a sponge. Let stand, covered, for at least 1 hour.
Put sponge in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the dough hook, add the salt and oil, then add the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, to form a dough. Remove from bowl and knead. Place in a clean oiled bowl and let rise, slowly, about 2 1/2 hours. Divide dough into 4 balls, if desired, let rise again for 1/2 hour, and then roll out as desired.
Yield: 4 individual flatbreads or 1 large flatbread