Toasted Israeli Couscous with Vegetables and Lemon-Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 pound Israeli couscous
- 12 spears asparagus, grilled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, halved, grilled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow squash, halved, grilled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large red peppers, grilled, peeled and diced into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon-Balsamic Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Lemon-Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Heat large saute pan on grates of the grill over medium heat. Add couscous and toast until lightly golden brown.
Bring 6 cups of water to a boil over high heat, add 1 tablespoon salt and toasted couscous and cook until al dente. Drain well and place in a large bowl. Add grilled vegetables, olives, basil, and vinaigrette and toss until combined; season with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving or cover and refrigerate.Lemon-Balsamic Vinaigrette:
Whisk shallot, juice, zest, vinegars, and salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Israeli Couscous with Raisins, Whole Wheat Israeli Couscous with Ratatouille, Mozzarella and Balsamic Vinaigrette, Israeli Couscous with Celery, Scallions and Cranberries, Arugula, Spanish Rice Recipes, Roasted Vegetable Recipes, Mashed Potato Recipes, Kale Chips Recipes, Spinach Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.